Consolidated Edison, Inc., commonly known as Con Edison or Con Ed, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $13 billion in annual revenues as of 2016, and over $47 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries:
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc., (CECONY), a regulated utility providing electric and gas service in New York City and Westchester County, New York, and steam service in the borough of Manhattan.
- Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., a regulated utility serving customers in a 1,300-square-mile (3,400 km2) area in southeastern New York and northern New Jersey.
- Con Edison Solutions, an energy services company.
- Con Edison Energy, a wholesale energy services company.
- Con Edison Development, a company that owns and operates renewable and energy infrastructure projects.
- Con Edison Transmission, Inc., which invests in electric and natural gas transmission projects